Thursday, June 4, 2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #8

Hi everyone! I hope you're all having a fantastic Thursday! Today was my son's last day of kindergarten. I can't believe I have a 1st grader on my hands now. I get a little emotional thinking about it. Apparently, I'm the only one who's getting emotional about it. This was never more obvious than this morning as I was practically chasing him down the sidewalk for a hug before school. Yes, I've become THAT mom. So very unfortunate for everyone involved...

Anyhoo...I wanted to share the card I'm submitting for the Raspberry Suite Color Inspiration Challenge this week over at Dawn McVey's blog. I'll come back & brag a little about the recipient of this card once I'm sure she's received it in the mail. I don't want to spoil the surprise!

Enjoy!

**EDITED TO ADD: Now that I'm sure she's received it, I can tell you that this card was for my fantastic SU up-line, Shari. She has been such an inspiration to me, so it is my pleasure to be able to brag on her a little bit! Her work is beautiful - full of details without being "fussy". What a gift she has!

Shari, thank you for helping & encouraging me along the way & for introducing me to this wonderful hobby I've grown to love!

13 comments:

  1. Wow! Wow, love the card. The dimension from the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card! Simple & elegant. Great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do I love this card..........HELL YES!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sooooo cute. love the top note and butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the double layed butterflies! VERY pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! I love the butterflies and how it opens up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nicely done! Love the way you "open" the card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simple and sweet. Love the double punch butterflies! Super job on the color combo.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those double layer butterflies! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this card!! wonderful sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice clean lines, and lovely little butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  12. YOU are awesome! You are wonderfully talented, I'm so glad you enjoy Stampin Up as much as I do!!
    {{{hugs!}}}
    Shari

    ReplyDelete